The 140,000 miles of freight railroads in the US average 470 ton-mpg. Here is a CSX commercial referencing 423 miles per gallon.If we know how to move a ton at 400+ mpg:
- Why are we moving a person at 25 mpg?
- Why did the Federal government replace 46% of freight railroads in 25 mpg roads?
JPods solar-powered mobility networks:
- Are 10X to 50X more affordable than oil-powered roads and coal-powered mass transit.
- Have the efficiency of freight rail.
- Offer the on-demand service of a chauffeured car.
By removing the two tons of parasitic mass and removing the repetitive start-stops, more the 90 cents out of every dollar spent on urban transportation today can be recovered as:
- Jobs to build networks.
- Customer savings.
Foreign oil addiction is unaffordable:
JPods was founded by veterans in 1998 because we understood that oil-wars since 1991 would continue as long as America is funding our enemies with oil-dollars.
- Between 1991 and 2018, US Defense spending was about $500 billion per year. If only 1/3rd of those costs were used to defend access to foreign oil, the debt to the American people was $3,335 trillion. This is not affordable.
JPods is not alone in understanding that foreign oil addiction is a direct threat to national security:
- Eight Presidents ordered Federal agencies to end foreign oil addiction, and those monopolies have done nothing since Tricia Nixon opened the first digital mobility network in Morgantown, WV. The week of May 17, 2019, the US imported 7.2 million barrels of foreign oil per day, increasing our nations debt by $432 million per day. This is not affordable.
- In 1957, Admiral Rickover's "Energy Slave" speech warned of perpetual oil-wars by about the year 2000. He was right. Perpetual oil-wars are not affordable.
- In May 2008, the Dallas Federal Reserve's "Crude Awakening" reported the failure of DOT and DOE to properly forecast the rising cost of gasoline and its unaffordable impact on mortgages.
- In September 2013, the Dallas Federal Reserve's "Assessing the Costs and Consequences of the 2007-09 Financial Crisis and Its Aftermath" estimated the unaffordable cost to the America taxpayers at $6 to $14 trillion.
- Chris Martenson put together an excellent summary of Energy Economics.
As soon as liberty to digitize mobility networks is restored, millions of jobs will be created building the Physical Internet. JPods are an affordable urban component.