Traffic costs the people of Florida $48.1 billion per year:
- $24.3 billion/year for foreign oil.
- $17.9 billion/year for accidents.
- $ 5.9 billion/year for congestion.
Steps so JPods can invest $100 million in Medley and create jobs building the Physical Internet®:
- Performance Standards Law to establish a free market regulatory framework. This creates a regulatory framework for anyone to submit ideas.
- Once there is a know regulatory framework, JPods will work with the community to define a specific network route.
- JPods will create a specific franchise request that will be capitalized and implemented based on a Franchise Ordinance for JPods specifically to build a network in Medley.
The "general welfare" is forged as two aspects of liberty intertwine in the Darwinian process of Creative Destruction:
- Liberty is society’s tolerance of Disruptive Minorities. Disruptive Minorities offer society choices.
- Wisdom from the Many sort choices offered in free markets. The aggregated wisdom of all of us, with each of us acting in our own self-interest, is wiser than the wisest of us at choosing between choices. Wisdom from the Many is repeatedly illustrated in the book, Wisdom of Crowds
There is no minority as tiny and disrputive as innovators:
- Consider Ford, Edison, Bell, the Wright Brother, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs. Their Creative Destruction creates and destorys millions of jobs.
- Consider Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Jefferson, Madison, Washington. Their Creative Destruction displaced the Governing applying violence to stifle liberty.
Leadership by Medley will create thousands of jobs as the Physical Internet® is built. Moving a ton to move a person on highways is wasteful. Metrics for this are:
- The 140,000 miles of freigh railroads in America average 476 ton-miles per gallon.
- In the same period the Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) network in Morgantown has delivered 110 million injury-free passenger-miles about 1.7 million American have died on highways. There are two great problems with the PRT network in Morgantown:
- It is self-regulated so it does not provide a repeatable standard. That is why Theme Park Standards provide repeatable solution.
- "Institutional failures" as cited in Congressional Office of Technology Assessment PB-244854.
- Pollution from burning oil is tilting the balance of nature into Climate Change.
- American soldiers have been required to trade lives since 1991 to buy time for Americans to become energy self-reliant.
- Oil-dollars from buying foreign oil fund terrorism.
- Build with private capital.
- Operate without government subsidies.
- Exceed 120 passenger-miles per gallon.
- Exceed safety of existing modes in a Rights of Way.
- Pay 5% of gross revenus to the Rights of Way holders.
- Regulate based on Theme Park Standards:
- Communities designed for pedestrians.
- Safety records thousands of times better than DOTs
- Existing enforcement industry
- Existing insurance industry